Posts may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This roasted carrots recipe is the perfect side dish for any meal. There are much sweeter versions of roasted carrot recipes, but I really love this more savory preparation. Brown butter sage sauce is so easy to make and pairs well with so many other dishes such as my Pumpkin Agnolotti.
Surprisingly I am actually not a huge fan of carrots, but this is the only way I’ll eat them. This roasted carrots recipe is so simple and easy. I really like using the already peeled heirloom carrots from Trader Joes, but this recipe works great with any type. I think keeping the tops on the carrots provides a much prettier presentation.
Once your carrots are peeled, put them in a pan that is very lightly sprayed with olive or avocado oil. Add a light spray to the top of your carrots and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then roast them for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees until they are fork-tender.
When any recipe calls for Olive Oil I really like to use my Mr. Misto so I don’t overdo it with the oil. You can save hundreds of calories by using a spray instead of pouring your oil. I love this product because I can still use my preferred avocado oil without having to buy another product.
How to Make Brown Butter Sauce for this Roasted Carrots Recipe
Once your carrots are finished roasting, in a separate saucer, you’re going to melt 2 tablespoons of butter. For brown butter sauce, you’re going to let the butter simmer at medium heat until the butter stops foaming. Once the butter begins to turn a very slight brown you will then add your sage leaves which will get nice and crispy. Once your sage is crispy, which takes just about 30 seconds, you’ll drizzle this sauce over your carrots and they are ready to be served.
Brown Butter Sage Roasted Carrots Recipe
- 3 lbs carrots heirloom, about 2 bags of medium-sized carrots
- 2 tbsp butter
- .25 tsp olive oil light spray
- 1 package sage leaves
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- Once your carrots are peeled, put them in a pan that is very lightly sprayed with olive oil. Add a light spray to the top of your carrots and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then roast them for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees until they are fork-tender.
- Once your carrots are ready, in a separate pan you're going to melt about 2 tbsp. For brown butter sauce, you're going to let the butter simmer at medium to medium-high heat until the butter stops foaming. Once the butter begins to turn a very light brown, you will then add your sage leaves which will get nice and crispy. Once your sage is crispy, which takes just about 30 seconds, you'll drizzle this sauce over your carrots and they are ready to be served.
This recipe is so easy to make and is the perfect healthy, vegetarian, and gluten-free side dish to serve with any meal, especially during the holidays.
Enjoy Our Most Recent Recipes & Articles
- Creamy & Delicious Keto Cauliflower Rice Risotto with Mushrooms
- Knotts Scary Farm 2021 Is Back For a Spooktacular Return to the Park!
- Fudgy Vegan Chocolate Brownies with Sweet Potatoes
- Here Are 20 Quick and Delicious No Churn Ice Cream Recipes to Elevate Your Summer
- Pitfire Pizza in Costa Mesa Introduces New Summer Menu with Irresistible Dishes
Find Delicious Recipes By Category
Get Your Free Weight Loss Guide
Receive your free guide on my best tips for losing weight without dieting including a summary of what I eat in a day!