Posts may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.
These fabulous rosé cupcakes are made with your favorite rosé wine or you can even use pink Moscato wine. They are perfect for so many occasions like bridal shows, baby showers, valentines day, or just a fun girls’ night. Not only are these cupcakes easy to make, but they are also light, fluffy, and moist.
I have so many cake, cookie, and muffin recipes and I’ve been wanting to create an awesome cupcake recipe for some time. I am always taking little weekend trips to wine country and made these cupcakes for my girlfriend’s engagement party with an extra bottle of rosé we had in the house. They were absolutely perfect.
I also have this neat little trick for how to use a box cake mix to make 3 different types of cupcakes with some Christmas varieties.
What is the difference between Rosé vs. Pink Moscato Wine
Moscato Wine is technically not a true rosé as its pink color comes from the blending of red and white Moscato grapes. However, most people still consider Moscato to still be a rosé. Moscato has a much sweeter flavor profile and is most popular in the sparkling variation.
Rosé Wine can be made from many different types of red grapes and gets its color through maceration. The pink color comes from the skin of the grapes only being left on for a short period of time. Rosé also has a dryer flavor profile.
What is the best rosé wine to use for cupcakes?
You can use any variety of rosé for these cupcakes. You can also use a sweet pink Moscato wine which will add an extra layer of sweetness to the cupcakes.
If your rosé wine or Moscato is sparkling, just pour out the amount you need and let it sit out in advance so it goes flat.
Tips and Adjustments
- For a less sweet frosting, you can reduce the powdered sugar by 1/2 cup. If you reduce the powdered sugar by a full cup it will not be as thick and will need to be stored in the fridge to keep its shape before serving.
- Food coloring is very concentrated so only add the smallest drop to your icing until you achieve the perfect light pink.
- If you’re using sparkling rosé, pour out the amount you need for the recipe and leave it out for a bit so it goes flat.
How to decorate your Rosé Cupcakes
To decorate these rosé cupcakes you’re going to use a piping bag. The piping bag kits on amazon are amazing and come with everything you could possibly need. For these cupcakes, I used the #22 attachment.
Rosé Cupcake Toppings
These are very beautiful and elegant cupcakes so I chose a more sophisticated topping. Below are the silver balls I used as well as some additional suggestions that work really well for these cupcakes.
- silver balls
- gold balls
- edible gold glitter stars
- rose gold & pink sprinkle and ball blend
- edible glitter shimmer dust
rosé cake batter
Begin making your rosé cupcakes by arranging 12 muffin liners into a muffin pan and preheating the oven to 350F.
Then, use an electric mixer to cream butter with granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Incorporate one egg at a time.
Add the rosé and vanilla extract, whisking until smooth. Then add yogurt and combine.
Next mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Fold it into the batter bowl. Use a spatula to combine and do not overmix the batter.
Fill each muffin paper ¾ to the top. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
In the meantime, prepare the frosting by placing the softened butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Use a fork to combine first. Then, use an electric mixer to achieve a smooth consistency.
Next, add vanilla extract, pink Moscato, and a pinch of food coloring. Remember you only need the smallest drop of red food dye.
Fill your piping bag with the rosé frosting and decorate your freshly baked cupcakes.
Spread some sprinkles on top of the cupcakes, and enjoy!
Enjoy More Delicious Dessert Recipes
The frosting holds up well at room temperature for up to 24hs. In hot weather, I’d keep them refrigerated. You can store these cupcakes in the fridge for up to five days.
Pink Rosé Cupcakes with Moscato Wine
- 1 muffin tin for 12 cupcakes
- 1 handheld electric mixer
- ½ cup butter unsalted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room tempurature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup yogurt plain
- 2 cups flour all-purpose
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup rosé pink rosé or pink moscato wine
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cups butter unsalted and slightly softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp rosé rose or pink moscato wine
- 1 drop food coloring red
- 1 tbsp sprinkles
- Arrange 12 muffin liners into a muffin pan and preheat the oven to 350F
- Use an electric mixer to cream butter with granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Then incorporate one egg at a time, add vanilla extract, and moscato or rosé. Whisk until smooth.
- Then add yogurt and combine.
- Next, in a seperate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and gently fold with a spatula making sure not to over mix.
- Fill each muffin paper ¾ to the top. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Rosé Buttercream Frosting
- While your cupcakes are baking, begin your rosé buttercream by placing your slightly softened butter and powdered sugar in a bowl. Combine with a fork, then use your electric mixer to combine until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Next, add the vanilla extract, pink Moscato or rosé, and a very small drop of red food coloring. Combine until you achieve a beautiful pink smooth buttercream.
- Fill a piping bag and using the #22 attachment frost your cupcakes. Then add your preferred sprinkles and enjoy.,
- only use a small amount of red dye in your frosting to get a soft pink color
- if using sparkling rosé or Moscato wine just pour out a small amount and let it go flat
- you can reduce the sweetness of the frosting by reducing the powdered sugar by 1/2 cup.
Our New Recipe Books
These uniquely designed recipe books are the perfect books to write your favorite personal recipes with plenty of space for ingredients, instructions, serving size, prep time, cook time, and extra notes for substitutions or nutritional information. They are great as gifts and to put on display.
Available now for only $6.99 on Amazon
Receive the Latest News
Discover the latest delicious recipes, restaurant reviews, travel guides, events, and my favorite lifestyle tips!