Posts may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Our dinners would not be the same without these buttery keto and gluten free biscuits. The holidays are right around the corner and having fresh biscuits has always been part of our family gatherings.
When we all started eating healthier I knew I had to create easy gluten-free biscuits the entire family could enjoy. The best part is, that I use cream cheese to make them extra delicious, which also makes these keto biscuits!
How to make gluten free biscuits that are also keto-friendly.
One of my tricks to making these buttery biscuits low in carbs and keto friendly is using cream cheese. This is a secret ingredient in so many keto baking recipes. Mixing the eggs with cream cheese helps create gluten free biscuits that are soft and moist.
In addition to cream cheese, this recipe features only a few key ingredients which allow us to make the most buttery, soft, and flaky gluten-free biscuits.
- Almond Flour & Coconut Flour: I prefer to use both almond and coconut flour as opposed to a gluten-free flour blend. This is because you can create the perfect texture by using the correct amounts of the best types of flour.
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda: these two leveling ingredients help the biscuits rise without needing any yeast
- Unsalted Butter: make sure your butter is chilled and cold when adding
Tips for making the perfect gluten-free biscuits.
Here are some important tips to remember when making these biscuits.
- Use a food processor to thoroughly combine the ingredients and get a perfect consistency.
- Always add your butter cold and chilled
- It is key for these biscuits not to overbake them, so set a timer and control the temperature of the oven to achieve soft and slightly crispy biscuits.
- When your biscuits are finished, let them cool completely before transferring them out of the tray; otherwise, they’ll be fragile and could break apart.
First, preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Then set it aside.
Next, add the eggs and cream cheese into a large bowl, and whisk to combine.
Then in a food processor, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Pulse for a few seconds so the ingredients are well combined. This will ensure the biscuits rise evenly.
When the dry ingredients are well combined, add the chilled cubed butter and process until butter turns into pea-sized pieces.
Then, remove the flour mixture from the food processor and add it to the large bowl with the egg mixture. Use a spatula to mix the flour and egg mixtures together, resulting in a stiff batter.
Divide the dough into six portions and use your hands to form biscuits, about one inch thick and 2.5-3 inches wide. You could also make 8 smaller biscuits with this amount of dough.
Bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brownish in the bottom. These biscuits will remain soft on top and around the edges when freshly baked, but that’s what you’ll be looking for, so when the biscuits get to room temperature, they stay soft and moist in the center.
Remember to wait until they are completely cooled before removing them to a serving dish or basket.
How to enjoy your keto & gluten free biscuits
Since these gluten free biscuits are also keto friendly, they make a great substitute for bread. Not only do these pair well with meals, but they are great for making breakfast sandwiches!
- Enjoy with butter or sugar-free preserves
- sausage or bacon breakfast biscuit sandwiches
- biscuits & gravy
- drizzle with honey (non-keto)
- Use in strawberry shortcake (non-keto)
Enjoy More Gluten Free Recipes
The best way to store these biscuits is by wrapping them in a clean tea towel or paper towel. They will stay fresh on the counter for 3 days. Adding them to a plastic bag will cause too much moisture to build up.
You can also place them in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. When they are removed, these biscuits taste best when they are reheated in the toaster oven at 350 degrees for a few minutes.
The Best Gluten Free Biscuits (keto-friendly)
- 3 large eggs cold
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Set it aside
- Add the eggs and cream cheese into a large bowl, and whisk to combine.3 large eggs, 1/4 cup cream cheese
- Next, mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds.1 1/2 cup almond flour, 1/3 cup almond flour, 1/3 cup coconut flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt
- Then add chilled cubed butter and process until butter turns into pea-sized pieces.4 tbsp unsalted butter
- Remove flour mixture from the food processor and add it to the large bowl with the eggs mixture.
- Divide the dough into six portions and use your hands to form biscuits, about one inch thick and 2.5-3 inches wide.
- Bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brownish in the bottom.
- Let them cool completely before transferring them out of the tray.
- with this recipe you can make 6 large biscuits or 8 normal size biscuits
- be sure not to over bake your biscuits
- remember to let cool before removing
- always use cold eggs and cold butter
Receive the Latest News
Discover the latest delicious recipes, restaurant reviews, travel guides, events, and my favorite lifestyle tips!