Posts may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.
After a bit of experimentation, I’ve created the best recipe for gluten free waffles. They are soft and fluffy on the inside with a golden crisp on the outside. Whether you’re looking for new gluten free breakfast ideas or hosting a weekend brunch, these waffles are perfect. Just add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Why is this the best recipe for gluten free waffles?
So what makes this the best recipe for gluten free waffles? A few things.
- Using Almond Flour makes this recipe low-carb in addition to being gluten-free by simply switching out the regular sugar for monk fruit sweetener.
- These gluten free waffles can be made in advance and frozen for a quick and easy breakfast on the go!
- This recipe for gluten free waffles is easy to make. It is not complicated and there are no extra steps. You do not need to beat the egg whites. This recipe is simple. The addition of cream cheese is my secret and produces the most delicious, fluffy, light waffles without any extra steps.
Best Flour for Gluten Free Waffles
These gluten free waffles are made with almond flour. Do not be tempted into using an all-purpose gluten free flour mix. They contain too much xanthan gum to produce the right batter consistency for waffles. Your waffle batter should be thick and not so thin that it pours over the sides but sits nicely in the waffle iron.
Always make sure to pre-heat your waffle iron.
Make sure to use a nonstick spray or butter before adding batter to the waffle iron.
Use Room-Temperature ingredients!
Remember, if you use monk fruit sweetener this recipe is also low-carb!
Recipe for Gluten Free Waffles
1. Place all the ingredients except the butter and almond flour into a blender or large jar to use with a hand mixer. Blend to combine.
2. Then, add almond flour and blend until smooth. The result should be a thick batter. Add more flour if necessary.
3. Pre-heat your waffle maker, and grease it with butter. Fill the waffle machine with ⅓ third of your waffle batter (in case it’s a double waffle maker), repeat it two more times, or until you run out.
4. You can keep your waffles warm by covering them until you make the rest. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
Topping Ideas for Waffles
You should serve your waffles immediately after cooking with your favorite toppings. I used some fresh whipped cream and fresh berries, but I love offering a variety of options on the table when I serve waffles. Here are a few topping ideas for waffles.
- fresh yogurt and berries
- chocolate chips
- chopped nuts like hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, and pecans
- chocolate, peanut butter, or Nutella drizzle
- fresh fruit
- cooked apples and cinnamon
- fresh jams and fruit preserves.
Enjoy more Gluten-Free Recipes
These waffles are best when eaten right away. They can also be placed in a sealed bag or air tight container and placed in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. They are best when reheated in the toaster oven.
Additionally, these gluten free waffles are also freezer friendly. They can be placed in the freezer after for 3-4 months and placed directly in the toaster oven without needing to be thawed. This makes them great for those who need quick breakfast solutions!
The Best Gluten Free Waffles
- waffle maker
- 3 large eggs room tempurature
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup sugar or monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 cup almond milk or regular milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp butter or non stick spray oil
- Place all the ingredients except the butter and almond flour into a blender or large jar to use with a hand mixer. Blend to combine.3 large eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 3 tbsp cream cheese, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Then, add almond flour and blend until smooth. The result should be a thick batter. Add more flour if necessary.2 cups almond flour
- Pre-heat your waffle maker, and grease it with butter. Fill the waffle machine with ⅓ third of your waffle batter (in case it’s a double waffle maker), repeat it two more times, or until you run out of batter.1/2 tbsp butter
- You can keep your waffles warm by covering them until you make the rest. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
- use room temperature eggs
- preheat your waffle iron
Do you agree this is the best recipe for gluten free waffles? Let us know in the comments below!
Receive the Latest News
Discover the latest delicious recipes, restaurant reviews, travel guides, events, and my favorite lifestyle tips!