Posts may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you’re looking for super easy and quick breakfast options, this Overnight Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl is the tastiest! I make this overnight chia pudding almost weekly and it stores in the fridge for several days. Whenever we need a quick breakfast on the go, this Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl can quickly be put together in only a few minutes.
What makes this Overnight Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl unique is that we muddle the berries which add an additional layer of sweetness and flavor. This recipe is great for using up fruit that has become too ripe or might go bad soon. However, don’t let your sweet tooth fool you. This Chia Pudding Bowl it is full of protein, low calorie, high in fiber, and contains no added sugar.
How to Make Overnight Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl with Fruit Compote
The first step in making our Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl is creating our Chia Pudding which we’ll refrigerate overnight or for 3-5 days. If you want to enjoy your breakfast bowl right away, it can be ready in as little as two hours.
- First, we’ll create our fruit compote. The easiest way to do this is by simply grabbing a fork and muddling the fresh fruit. Alternatively, you can also blend your fruit in a blender or use a traditional homemade compote on the stove by cooking down your berries.
- Next, you’re going to add low-fat milk, coconut milk, almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk. I personally use low-fat milk because of the extra protein, but if you are vegan or vegetarian you can use your favorite milk alternative. I highly recommend using milk that is infused with pea protein such as Califa Farm Protein Oak Milk.
- Then we are going to pour in the chia seeds and give everything a good stir.
- Finally, store the chia pudding in your refrigerator overnight. If you want to eat this early, you can also refrigerate your Overnight Chia Pudding for just 2 hours or make several batches and refrigerate for 3-5 days.
Toppings For Your Chia Pudding Bowl
When I make this, I create what I call an Aloha Bowl and always add raspberries or strawberries, blueberries, dried apricot, dried coconut, and hemp hearts. There are, however, plenty of alternatives and you can always add whatever fruit you have available. Some other alternatives are blackberries, mango, lychee, and other dried fruits like oranges and dried mango.
What Are Hemp Hearts and Why Should You Start Adding Them To Your Breakfast?
Hemp Hearts are actual seeds from the hemp plant that have had their outer shells hulled. They are an amazing ingredients that can be sprinkled on top of your overnight chia pudding, oatmeal, overnight oats, cereal, and desserts. The taste and texture can be described almost like sesame seeds. Just 3 tablespoons of these seeds provide a whopping 10g of protein as well as 3g of fiber and 9g of polyunsaturated fat.
Easy Overnight Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl
- 1 cup strawberries mashed (or blueberries, raspberries, mixed fruit)
- 1/4 cup skim milk or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raspberries whole
- 2 tbsp blueberries whole
- 2 tbsp dried apricots sliced in half
- 1 tbsp dried coconut shredded
- 1/4 tsp hemp hearts
- In a small bowl or storage bowl mash your cup of strawberries. This can be any type of any fruit or a mixture of fruit.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of skim milk or coconut milk.
- Add 1 tbsp of Chia Seeds and stir well. Then refrigerate overnight or for 2 hours. This will also keep in the fridge for an entire week!
- Once your chia seed pudding is set, top with 2 strawberries sliced in half, 4 blueberries, 2 dried apricots sliced in half, 1/4 cup of dried shredded coconut, and a sprinkle of 1 tsp hemp seeds.
If you are meal planning, these small two cup pyrex bowls are great for making these aloha bowls in advance. They are the perfect size for this overnight chia seed breakfast bowl as well as oatmeal, eggs, and more. Since they are smaller they are great for portion control.
Looking For More Healthy Breakfast Ideas?
Enjoy Our Latest Recipe’s and Articles
- The Crispiest Vegan Air Fryer Onion Rings (Better Than Using Eggs!)
- Easy Keto & Gluten Free Bagel Recipe (No Yeast)
- All the Best Bites From the New Taste of Boysenberry Festival!
- Delicious Gluten Free Lemon Cake with Blueberries (No Sugar Added!)
- Healthy Chicken Wild Rice Soup Instant Pot or Stovetop
Find Delicious Recipes By Category
Get Your Free Weight Loss Guide
Receive your free guide on my best tips for losing weight without dieting including a summary of what I eat in a day!