Posts may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you’re looking for the best keto bread recipe, then look no further. This keto bread is easy to make, soft, fluffy, and simply delicious. It is made with almond flour which is a nutritious, gluten-free, and low-carb alternative to wheat flour. Anyone who loves eating bread but is on a low-carb, gluten-free, or keto diet will now be able to enjoy it once again.
Out keto-friendly bread recipe is loaded with protein, good fats, and many essential nutrients. It doesn’t require any yeast or rising times which makes it a super easy keto bread recipe, even for someone who is a complete novice in the kitchen.
Benefits of the Keto Diet for weight loss
The Keto diet is a low-carbohydrate, fat-rich eating plan that has been used for centuries to treat specific medical conditions such as diabetes. This diet has been shown to produce beneficial metabolic changes in the short term which in term promotes weight loss. Check out some of the reasons below why the diet promotes weight loss.
- Your body converts fat and protein into carbs for fuel. This process may burn many additional calories each day.
- Keeps you full for a longer with limited food cravings because of the high fat.
- Eating limited amount of carbohydrates, reduces the appetite-stimulating hormones, such as insulin and ghrelin.
- Promotion of fat loss versus lean body mass, partly due to decreased insulin levels.
The extra benefits of adding flax seeds, chia seeds, and sunflower seeds
One reason I consider this the best keto bread recipe is because it includes the addition of healthy seeds which add a great texture and nutritional benefits. Low-carb nuts and seeds are a healthy and delicious addition to any diet. They are loaded with healthy fats, fiber, nutrients, and minerals which makes them a perfect snack or an ingredient in keto recipes. Let’s take a look at the nutritional value of each of these seeds.
- Chia seeds are full of healthy fiber and omega-3 fats. One ounce (28 grams) of chia seeds provides 5 gms of protein, 10 gms of fiber, and just 2 gms of net carbs. With about 60% of their fat content consisting of omega-3 fats, they’re an excellent plant-based source of these essential fats that offer powerful anti-inflammatory properties
- Flax seeds are loaded with fiber and omega-3 fats. One ounce of flax seeds provides 6 gms of protein, 8 gms of fiber, and just 1 gm of net carbs. Flax seeds can be bought whole or as a ground meal, both of which can be added to keto-friendly baked goods, soups, smoothies, and a protein shake.
- Sunflower seeds are high in anti-inflammatory antioxidants, such as vitamin E, flavonoids, and phenolic acids, and have been found to have antidiabetic and anti-inflammatory properties. These are full of good fats and can make an excellent addition to your keto diet. One ounce of shelled sunflower seeds contains 14 gms of fat and 4 gms of net carbs.
Other fun keto bread toppings
Spruce up this keto bread by using a variety of delicious seeds, seasonings, and toppings. Some ideas are
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Poppy seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Sundried tomatoes
What is in Keto Bread?
Most keto bread is made with almond flour which is a low carb, high fat, high protein alternative to regular wheat flour. One slice of this keto-friendly bread recipe has just 4g net carbs and 10g of protein!! The addition of low-carb seeds like chia seeds, flax seeds, and sunflower seeds increases the nutrition value tremendously.
How to make the best keto bread recipe using almond flour
Start by preheating the oven to 350F. Next, on a 9-inch loaf mold, arrange a piece of baking paper that is the same width as the mold but 4 inches longer Then oil the surface of the baking paper for easier unmolding and set aside. Now, in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
Add salt, baking powder, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. Mix well to combine.
Then, add cream cheese. Use an electric mixer to blend any cream cheese lumps thoroughly. Then, add almond flour and mix well until combined properly.
Next, fold in the chia seeds, flax seeds, and sunflower seeds until well combined.
Finally, pour the bread batter into the prepared loaf mold, sprinkle some seeds on top, and bake for around 30 minutes, until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool it down to room temperature before serving.
How to enjoy our keto friendly bread
Once you’ve made the best keto bread recipe, you can enjoy it in many ways. Check out some ideas below and let us know your favorite way of eating this keto bread in the comments below.
- As a simple buttered toast
- Use it for Avocado open toast with fresh tomatoes (my favorite)
- Use it for any sandwiches like a BLT, breakfast sandwiches with eggs on top or club sandwiches etc..
- Cucumber cream cheese sandwiches
- Jam and Brei Cheese
Store this keto-friendly bread recipe covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. You can also slice the bread and freeze the slices for later use. You can just toast the number of slices you want to use when you need them.
The Best Keto Bread Recipe
- loaf mold 9 inch loaf pan
- electric hand mixer
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp extra seeds for the top
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F.
- Next, on a 9-inch loaf mold, arrange a piece of baking paper that is the same width as the mold but 4 inches longer Then oil the surface of the baking paper for easier unmolding and set aside.
- Now, in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs.5 large eggs
- To this, add salt, baking powder, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and cream cheese. Mix well to combine. Use an electric mixer to blend any cream cheese lumps properly.1 tbsp baking powder, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 1/3 cup cream cheese
- Then, add almond flour and mix well until combined properly.3 cups almond flour
- Now fold in chia seeds, flax seeds, and sunflower seeds until well combined.1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp flax seeds, 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Finally, pour the bread batter into the prepared mold, sprinkle some seeds on top, and bake for around 30 minutes, until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.1 tbsp extra seeds for the top
- Cool it down to room temperature before serving.
- Ket bread keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 7 days when stored covered in an air-tight container.
- This is an excellent make-ahead recipe. Just slice it up and store it in the freezer or refrigerator and toast only the amount you want to consume.
Enjoy some of our other healthy Keto recipes
Receive the Latest News
Discover the latest delicious recipes, restaurant reviews, travel guides, events, and my favorite lifestyle tips!