Posts may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.
One of my favorite dinners is this super easy baked lamb chop recipe with my magical mint chimichurri sauce. I recently made this for Easter dinner, but this is so easy to make, it’s great for any day of the week. My special mint chimichurri sauce takes this dish up a notch and is truly restaurant quality.
First Marinate Your Lamb Chops (Optional)
You may first want to marinate your lamb chops which you can do for an hour or even overnight. Making a marinade is very simple. In a blender just combine red wine, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh thyme. If you prefer to chop your garlic & herbs by hand you can skip the blender. Then place all your lamb chops and the marinade in a zip lock bag and refrigerate.
Perfectly Juicy & Tender Baked Lamb Chop Recipe
Baking lamb chops are so incredibly simple…
- First, you’ll want to preheat the oven to 400 degrees and season both sides of your lamb chops with salt and pepper.
- Then sear your lamb chops in a large pan with olive oil at high heat so they are browned on both sides.
- Finally, you will either transfer your lamb chops to a baking dish (or keep in your pan if it’s oven safe), add some vegetables, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
What vegetables can I add to make this a One-Pan Dish?
What makes this easy baked lamb chop recipe so convenient is that you can add your veggies in the same pan and bake them together in the oven. You will want to choose vegetables that can cook in 8-10 minutes. The juice from the lamb will assist in the cooking process. I recommend asparagus, broccolini, and cauliflower. I especially love it when the cauliflower comes in a variety of colors.
My Amazing Mint Chimichurri Recipe
My mint chimichurri sauce is absolutely magical. I make this every time I cook lamb, however, you can also omit the mint and add extra parsley to make a traditional chimichurri sauce. My recipe was inspired by a chimichurri sauce I’ve had at a restaurant in Los Angeles called Lala’s which is an Argentinian restaurant. They serve this sauce with bread on all the tables and it is so good we order extra and pour it all over our meal! This chimichurri recipe is fantastic to serve with bread, add to steaks, or serve with chicken kabobs.
In a blender you will combine the following ingredients:
- Olive Oil
- 1 Package of Parsley & 1 Package of Mint (for a regular chimichurri sauce you can omit the mint and add an additional package of parsley)
- several cloves of garlic
- salt, pepper, & red pepper flakes
Easy Baked Lamb Chops Recipe with Mint Chimichurri
- 2 lb lamb chops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup parsley fresh
- 1 cup mint fresh
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic omit for FODMAP diets
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Marinating your lamb is completely optional. If you want to marinade your lamb chops, chop all the marinade ingredients (listed under NOTES)in a blender and add to a large zip lock bag with your lamb chop for one hour or even overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Remove all lamb chops from the plastic bag and season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a large pan on high heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil once heated. Then sear lamb chops on both sides for 1-2 minutes until they are browned.
- Next, transfer to a large baking dish, or keep in your pan if it is oven safe up to 400 degrees. Add your preferred vegetables such as asparagus, broccolini, or cauliflower and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Optional Marinade for Lamb ChopsIf you want to marinade your lamb chops, add the below ingredients to a blender and put in a large ziplock bag with your lamb chops for 1hr-24hrs.
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
Lamb has always seemed like a very intimidating dish, but once you try this recipe, you’ll find it is actually one of the easiest dinners you can make. If you’re looking for a fantastic side dish you should also try my amazing scalloped potatoes, they are amazing!
Enjoy Our Latest Recipes & Articles
- Healthy Chicken Wild Rice Soup Instant Pot or Stovetop
- OC Burger Week 2021 is Tastier Than Ever!
- OC Brunch Week Is Going to Make Your May Delicious!
- Drink Up at the New Margarita Crawl OC, LA, & Long Beach
- Eat Your Heart Out, OC Restaurant Week 2021 Is Here!
Find Delicious Recipes By Category
Get Your Free Weight Loss Guide
Receive your free guide on my best tips for losing weight without dieting including a summary of what I eat in a day!